This past Monday, the Commercial Director of Covides, Christophe Marquet, and the Communicator of wines and cavas, Meritxell Falgueras, made the presentation of the first cava Duc de Foix Brut Nature Gran Reserva of Covidas at the Maritime Museum of Barcelona .
This Guarda Superior cava has been elaborated in own mature vineyards of more than 20 years in the pre-coastal and coastal mountain ranges, extending through the central area of the Penedès in the area of Sant Sadurní d’Anoia, Pla del Penedès and Avinyonet del Penedès.
- Soil type: Medium-high depth clay-loam textured soils favoring water retention.
- Climatology: Vineyards with a clearly Mediterranean influence with average annual rainfall of around 500mm.
- Winemaking: This Guarda Superior Duc de Foix Gran Reserva Brut Nature cava was born in the 2017 vintage with the selection of a few small plots of the typical varieties of the area, Xarel-lo being the majority. Destemming of the grapes, use only of the free-run juice obtained, static mashing and fermentation of the must at a temperature of 15ºC. Second fermentation and aging according to the traditional method in our cellars in San Sadurní de Anoia.
- Tasting notes: Pale yellow color with golden reflections. It has a splendid effervescence, cones rosaries of very fine bubbles that form a crown; high intensity aroma of toast, candied fruit and smoky notes, in the mouth it is structured, silky with a dry finish and long persistence.
- Pairing: This cava has its own personality and its characteristics make it very gastronomic, ideal with meat and fish stews, formats, foie gras, rice and smoked food.
- Coupage: Xarel-lo clearly dominates, followed by Macabeo and Parellada. Exceptional vintage 2017.
It is recommended to be served in a transparent tulip-shaped glass, with thin glass and wide mouth at a temperature between 6 to 8 ºC.
This Premium cava will only be produced in a limited edition of 3,500 bottles.
You can find it in our physical stores and soon in our online store.